"For twenty years, Akira has studied the classic pass. The results of his investigations are available on the new DVD, The Expert at the Classic Pass. As the title suggests, Akira is, indeed, an expert at this move. The good news for purchasers is that he clearly and concisely covers all the details that go into a deceptive pass. He also explains the evolution of his handling of the pass, including an excellent method for the cover pass (this by itself would be worth the price of the DVD). His final method for the classic pass is a thing of beauty; it is a sleight that can be performed at a natural, unhurried pace, and which merely appears to be a squaring up of the deck."
- Michael Close
Akira's Classic Pass was created not by adding extra movement s to hide unnatural movements, but by stripping away the movements that seemed unnatural to the extreme.
And that feature is evident in the new method , which has been created by 20 years of study.
It doesn't even have the motion of sticking the pinky finger in to clip the packet that is unique to the Classic Pass
Usually, the deck is aligned before doing the Pass
However, it requires many actions such as "aligning the deck","preparing for the Pass", "do the Pass with an aligned deck", and "aligning the deck again"
Akira's new method, which eliminates extra movements from that, simply completes the necessary work by the movement of "passing while aligning the decks".
This DVD is dubbed in English, but some may worry that this will prevent them from learning about the noise of the Pass properly.
Don't worry. If you follow the described method correctly, there will be no noise.
The footage on this DVD is from 2016.
It had been filmed several times before then, and each time Akira came up with a new approach and updated the methodology.
So we needed a period of time after the completion of the shoot to confirm that there was no discrepancy between the commentary and his pass methodology at the time of release.
So while his passes you see on social media and YouTube today may feel smoother than the commentary footage, that's because we've been working with the methodology on this DVD for years and have been able to achieve the necessary motion with minimal stress.
This DVD is just a guidepost to show you the shortest way to get closer to Akira's Classic Pass.
Master them by doing them the right way over and over again.
And, this DVD is dubbed in English."I cannot comment because I have never seen Akira's Pass!"
- David Williamson"Knowing and spending a lot of time with Akira since 1991, sooner or later the conversation goes something like this.
Alfonso: Okay, do the pass.
Alfonso: I'm ready.
- Alfonso"Akira's thinking on the pass makes him one of the modern masters of this move. It is very deceptive and well worth your study. He teaches you step by step the details to take your pass to the next level!"
- Bill Malone "Flawless, Elegant, Beautiful! When I saw his Pass in 2008, I couldn't believe my eyes. It's a perfect version that I've never seen before."
- Jeki Yoo"Akira Fujii is an absolute master of the Classic Pass"
- Paul Cummins"Akira Fujii is a lover of technical perfection. He studies all aspects until he achieves not only that the technique is invisible, but also that the spectator does not feel its existence. And this is one of the main ingredients to achieve the Magic Atmosphere. His study of the Classic Pass is an invaluable lesson that every magician must learn. Thank you for this valuable work."
- Miguel Gomez"Akira Fujii's pass has been engineered to perfection over years of performing the move in the real world for real audiences. Learning his pass is a masterclass in sleight of hand!"
- Harapan Ong"Akira Fujii is one talented conjuror. I believe one of the first things I saw Akira perform was his amazing Linking Cigarette routine. Then he blew me away with his amazing card controls. You see nothing! Akira is now sharing his thinking on one of the most difficult moves in card magic, the Classic Pass. Akira has done the hard work for you learning and thinking about this move over the last 20 years. If you want to learn the Classic Pass you can do no better than to learn it from Akira Fujii. Highly recommended!"
- Gary Plants"Although there are countless sources to learn the pass, Akira's pass is definitely one of the softest and smoothest I've ever seen. In this DVD, you will be delighted to learn his new takes and approach that will escalate your classic pass."
- Patrick Kun"Over 20 years of studying and refining from a real sleight of hand master... this tutorial is GOLD."
- Henry Harrius"Akira Fujii's handling of the Pass is a thing of beauty. He's one of the best in the world."
- Richard Kaufman"I have known Mr. Akira Fujii in about 30 years. Everytime I see him he fools me. His variations on the pass are so fine and when you see him do it -- you want to do it too. Now after 20 years this is possible. Thank you for bringing this information out to us all."
- Joachim Solberg
I've been fortunate to study the finest work on the classic pass with many remarkable exponents of that technique. Akira's version is one of the very best I've seen and his secret is the simplest to understand and learn for yourself. It's a beautifully elegant example of card technique by a true master of the